Brioche stitch is incredibly stretchy and squishy, but best of all lofty and warm. Learn how to work the two color brioche stitch while completing a winter hat. With the skills you acquire, you'll also be ready to knit a matching brioche cowl.
Session 1 Class meets on Saturday, January 17 and February 7 from 10:00-11:30am. You must attend both classes.
Class Fee $50
Materials Please have the following materials and yarn balled before class begins:
- 2 colors of worsted weight yarn, approximately yards of each
- one US 5 (3.75mm) 16" circular needle
- one set of US 5 (3.75mm) double pointed needles (dpns)
- a copy of the PurlBee Bioche Hat and Cowl pattern
Skills Needed The ability to knit and purl.
- German twisted cast on
- Two color brioche stitch
- Decreasing in brioche stitch
- Knitting in the round on a circular needle and dpns