Love knitting, but are tired of making scarves? The First Mittens class is a great introduction to knitting in the round and is the perfect next step in progressing from knitting squares to knitting shapes. Mittens are an essential part of your winter wardrobe. What could be better than wearing a pair that you knit yourself?
Session 1 Class meets on Saturday, January 24 from 10:00-11:30am and February 7 from 12:30-2:00pm. You must attend both classes.
Class Fee $50
Materials Please have the following materials and yarn balled before class begins:
- 2 colors of worsted weight yarn, approximately yards of each
- one set of US 3 (3.25mm) double pointed needles (dpns), or size necessary to obtain correct gauge
- pattern will be provided by the instructor
Skills Needed The ability to knit and purl.
- German twisted cast on
- Knitting in the round on dpns
- Knitting stripe patterns
- Creating a thumb gusset
- Increasing and decreasing
Homework Please complete a gauge swatch before your first class, changing needle size until you achieve 24 sts = 4" over stockinette stitch. If you need to know how to measure gauge and how needle size can change your gauge, please watch this video.