Learn the basics of sweater knitting while creating an adorable baby sweater. The duckling motif is added after the sweater is put together using a technique known as duplicate stitching.
Session 1 Class meets on Saturday, March 7 and April 11 from 12:30-2:30pm. You must attend both classes.
Class Fee $65
Materials Please have the following materials and yarn balled before class begins:
• light colored DK weight yarn, approximately 400 yards
• yellow DK weight yarn, approximately 75 yards
• orange DK weight yarn, approximately 50 yards
• black or brown DK weight yarn, approximately 10 yards
• one US 3 (3.25mm) 16" circular needle, or size necessary to obtain correct gauge
• one US 5 (3.75mm) 16" circular needle, or size necessary to obtain correct gauge
• markers (closed and safety pin)
• darning needle
• pattern will be provided by the instructor
Skills Needed The ability to knit and purl.
• Knitting in the round on circular needles
• Changing yarn colors
• Duplicate stitching
• Sweater Construction
Homework Please complete a gauge swatch before your first class, changing needle size until you achieve 24 sts = 4" over stockinette stitch. If you need to know how to measure gauge and how needle size can change your gauge, please watch this video.