Shawls have exploded in the knitting world and it's no big surprise. With so much variety and only a skein or two of yarn, you have a beautiful and affordable handknit work of art. Learn how to knit a triangular shawl with progressively more intricate stitch patterns in our First Shawl class.
Session 1 Class meets on Saturday, February 28 from 10:00-11:30am, March 14 from 12:30-2:00pm, and April 11 from 10:00-11:30am. You must attend all three classes.
Class Fee $75
Materials Please have the following materials and yarn balled before class begins:
- 2 colors of fingering weight yarn, approximately 525 yards of each OR 8 colors of fingering weight yarn, approximately 250 yards of each
- one US 5 (3.75mm) 32" circular needle
- stitch markers
- darning needle
- pattern will be provided by the instructor
Skills Needed The ability to knit and purl.
- garter shawl tab
- increasing and decreasing
- triangular shawl construction
- reading lace charts
- sewn bind off