Students will learn the basics of sweater fit and construction and use their knowledge to modify existing sweater patterns. Discussion will include how to choose the best size sweater for your body and how to modify it to get the best fit. We will also discuss fit and ease, substituting yarns, gauge, swatching, various types of shaping techniques, pattern reading, and using schematics to your advantage.
Workshop meets on Saturday, April 25 from 10:00am-3:30pm with a one hour lunch break.
Workshop Fee $75
Materials Please have the following materials and yarn balled before class begins:
- measuring tape
- a notepad
- a pencil with an eraser
- Bring or wear a snug fitting top, as well as the sweater that you feel fits you the best.
Skills Needed The ability to knit and purl.
- taking accurate body measurements
- accurately measuring a gauge swatch
- using knitting schematics
- short row shaping calculation
- resizing a pattern
- modifying necklines
- knitting math
Please note that this is a math and discussion heavy class.